Who is Eligible to Adopt-a-Unit:
Combination of Both
Why you should Adopt-a-Unit:
To support your local military members and their families. As VFW/Auxiliary members, you
understand the challenges military members and their families face and the support they need.
To help connect military members with the vast network of resources the VFW has available.
Conducting Adopt-a-Unit activities is a great recruiting opportunity.
How to find a military unit:
Contact your local National Guard, Reserve and Active-Duty units.
Fill out the form below and the Department in coordination with the NJNG will find a unit to adopt.
When to adopt a unit:
There is no time like the present and our military members and their families need your
assistance now more than ever. Your assistance is equally important whether the unit is home or deployed overseas.
What kind of activities should you plan:
Popular examples of Adopt-a-Unit activities:
- Family Days - VFW understands the importance of family to the military member and
- Welcome Home & Deployment events.
- Holiday events
- Meetings and Support Seminars
- Community Projects- Annually VFW posts donate $ 48.2 million dollars and their 8.6
million volunteer hours to community activities.
- Direct assistance- lawn care, auto repairs, renovations to help accommodate a newly
wounded service member.
And much more…….