Join Now

To join a local Post please visit the Post and ask for a membership form, contact State HQ via email or directly at 609-393-1929, or download and fill out our on-line membership form, print it and take to your local post. To establish eligibility you will be asked to show proof of eligibility (DD-214, copy of hostile fire/imminent danger pay stub, etc.). Try one Post to see if it is a rewarding experience. You can always transfer to another Post by requesting a transfer form at the Post that you want to transfer into or call State HQ. All applications are voted on during a regular Post meeting before being sent to National HQ for final processing. Your presence at the meeting is not required, but we encourage you to attend to meet your fellow Post members.

Some Posts may offer veterans of OIF, OEF and OND either a free year of introductory membership or a "pay for one year, get one year free” promotion. Some Posts also pay dues for troops on active duty and for veterans experiencing financial hardship.

Find a Post near you by using this link.

If you want to join online at the VFW’s main website, this link will take you to our National VFW web site and you will become a member-at-large for a slightly higher amount.

Remember, because VFW membership is exclusive to veterans who served in foreign danger zones, you’ve already paid the high price of eligibility. The low annual dues you pay or the affordable cost of a lifetime membership protect your future as a combat veteran and supports today’s troops. Even if you never set foot in your local Post, your membership will improve your quality of life.

Click here for Eligibility information