Before Memorial Day in 1922, we conducted our first poppy distribution, becoming the first veterans' organization to organize a nationwide distribution. The poppy soon was adopted as the official memorial flower of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, as it remains today.
As yesterday's defenders of freedom, we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group. Our common bond is the battlefield, whether it is service in the Persian Gulf, Korea, Kosovo, the war on terrorism or peace-keeping expeditionary campaigns. Your courage and sacrifice have made a difference in preserving and defending world peace.
Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul.
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
The sanctity of our battlefields, monuments, and veterans institutions is of utmost importance to preserve military history and pay respect to those who fought.
- Take Action Pay the Coast Guard!
- Time for the CofA on the 19th has changed from 10am to 1pm. Uniform - Business Casual
- We have a new Website for the Department - Take a look around, more items and info to come.
Major Feature changes:
- Ability to enter your Community Activity reports on-line
- Ability to enter your Hospital reports on-line